Lazy eye treatment in Mumbai,India @ Children’s Eye Clinic-Latika children’s eye care center & child eye specialist clinic Mumbai.
Latika child eye care center is a super-specialty facility for lazy eye treatment for children and adults.
We are a unique dedicated child eye care center for children’s eye disease treatment in Mumbai India,and specialists for lazy eye treatment for adults in India at Mumbai.
I am sure, you must have already browse and researched quite a bit about lazy eye treatment in Mumbai, and by now possibly you must have some idea, regarding the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia).
So instead of, beginning our article in same monotonous ways, let us begin by addressing and answering the most common question about the treatment of lazy eye in children and misconceptions about treatment of lazy eye in adults at our child eye care center which is one of the best lazy eye treatment in India.
Can you fix a lazy eye?
- Sure why not! lazy eye can be fixed.
- Recent research prove that our brain has got the using capacity called as neuro-plasticity.
- Because of this neuro-plasticity we are able to make certain changes in the functioning of the neural tissue.
- Lazy eye can be fixed because of this neuro-plasticity.
- Lazy eyes are treatable at any age, but the earlier the better.
- Lazy eyes treated at young age, has successful outcome.
- Treatment of lazy Eyes involves glasses, eye patching exercises, atropine drops, vision therapies which include visual motor processing activities neurological therapies.
Can Lasik fix lazy eye?
- No! Lasik does not fix lazy eye.
- It is a big misconception that Lasik can fix lazy eye.
- Lasik is not the treatment of lazy eye.
- After Lasik, you may not have to use eye glasses , that’s it.
- But the vision will be the same before and after LASIK Procedure.
- There will not be any improvement in vision after the LASIK Procedure of Lazy eye.
- The treatment of Lazy eye is the most important part without which you will not get benefit by any of the refractive surgery procedures like Lasik.
- Hopefully this answer is cleared the biggest misconception of Lasik fixing lazy Eyes.
- Answer is big no, Lasik cannot fix lazy.
Do glasses help with lazy eye?
- Yes! Glasses help lazy Eye.
- If the cause of the lazy eye is refractive error (nearsightedness and farsightedness) then definitely wearing glasses help lazy eye and in some cases even corrects lazy eye.
- It all depends on the cause of the lazy Eye.
- Glasses can help lazy Eyes due to squint (strabismus) also.
- Glasses are one of the most important step in the treatment of Lazy eye.
- Glasses are the best and the most successful treatment modality in the treatment of lazy eye.
- Sure! Glasses definitely help lazy eye.
Lazy eye treatment for adults in India
- Yes!lazy eye treatment for adults is very much possible and can be treated at any age.
Can you fix lazy eye in adults?
- Yes definitely lazy eye can be fixed in adults also.
- Recent research reports prove that our brain has got this amazing capacity and flexibility call does neuroplasticity.
- This neuro-plasticity is nothing but flexibility in learning new things.
- And neuro-plasticity is helpful during treatment of Lazy eye in adults
- Though if treatment of lazy Eye is done at young age, the outcome is much better as compared to treatment of Lazy eye in adults.
- Success of therapy and the outcome of the treatment might differ in children and adults.
- So, yes! definitely lazy Eyes treatment can be done in adults also.
- In other words you can fix lazy eye in adults too.
How do people with lazy eyes see?
- People with lazy eye see things differently as compared to the vision in the good eye.
- People with lazy Eyes have impaired vision, less clear vision, reduced eyesight and loss of depth perception.
- But this is hardly noticed by people suffering with lazy eye.
- This is because our brain ignore less descriptive vision signals which are formed in the lazy eye and prefers the signals coming from the good eye.
- Due to this the eyesight from the good eye is always preferred and eyesight from the lazy eye is ignored by our brain.
- That is why people with lazy eye hardly notice the decreased vision in lazy eye.
- It is only when people with lazy eye accidentally cover their good eye for some reason and suddenly it comes to their notice that they have decreased quality of vision in the other uncovered eye (lazy eye).
- This is one of the most common presentations of the patients with lazy eye in child’s eye specialist clinic (child eye specialist in mumbai).
- Who is super specialist children’s eye doctor ? and
- What makes him expert in the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in Mumbai ?
Treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in Mumbai
Lazy eye treatment for child
lazy eye treatment for child is one of the most successful ,non invasive and child friendly modality of treatment for lazy eye in child.
Children’s eye specialist dr manish shyamkul,is a pediatric ophthalmologist (children’s eye specialist in Mumbai), who is a trained lazy eye treatment specialist and has done long-term fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology.
Our’s is one of the best lazy eye treatment in India, children’s eye diseases, and we are the expert in Lazy Eye Treatment in Mumbai & best children’s eye specialist in Mumbai,dealing with children’s eye problems like,
- Lazy eyes (Amblyopia),
- Strabismus ,
- Eye exercises for children,
- Lazy eye exercises,
- Occlusion eye exercises in children,
- Lazy eye treatment,
- Eye muscles surgery,
- Squint surgery,
- Children’s eyes surgery specialist,
- Strabismus surgery, and
So,you are browsing for lazy eye treatment in Mumbai, INDIA , either your kid or for an adult, you are at correct destination.
In other words, I can say that your search is over. This is so, because, our lazy eye treatment specialist for your child and super specialist children’s eye doctor, Dr Manish Shyamkul, is an expert in lazy eye treatment in children and lazy eye treatment for adults in Mumbai.
He has acquired this fellowship from the prestigious L.V.Prasad Eye Institute -Hyderabad, which is yet another feather in his cap, apart from his gold medal in (M.S) ophthalmology.
He has over 13 years of experience, in dealing with children’s eye disorders, and is working exclusively in the field of ,
- Lazy eyes (Amblyopia) treatment,
- Squint eyes,
- Strabismus in eyes in children,
- Children’s EYE vision problems,
- Eye muscles surgery,
- Squint surgery for children in mumbai ,
- Squint surgery for adults in mumbai ,
- Eye exercises for children,&
- Children’s eye surgery.
I am sure, all the above-mentioned achievements, of our lazy eye treatment specialist in Mumbai Dr Manish Shyamkul must be convincing for you child eye lazy eye treatment.
His knowledge expertise and his vast experience in the field of children’s eye diseases and lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children, has given you a lot of confidence,faith & trust.
There are thousands of misconceptions regarding treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children.
And it is because of all these misconception , we at Latika Eye and Maternity Clinic in Mumbai India, have observed that most of the times parents are misdirected.
This wrong information and misdirection of parents is the prime reason, for delayed presentation, delay in eye examination of children & delay in the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in Mumbai .
The very aim of writing this article is, spreading awareness among parents and in community, so that treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in Mumbai, can be initiated as early as possible leading to successful outcome.
Well before commencing ,treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in Mumbai, let us first try and understand, a million dollar question ,
Meaning of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) or what is lazy eye?
Let us understand the meaning of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in simple language .
Definition of lazy eye
- Definition of lazy eye in simple and easy way to understand is,
- Lazy eye is a condition,which occurs due to improper development of vision in children eyes or in eye of adults, resulting in decreased vision in children.
- Lazy eye or amblyopia is improper development of vision which occurs in the absence of any organic disease.
- Even though the organic disease is absent still and yet the child is not able to see well with one of his eyes,which is called as lazy eye.
- Most of the times, one eye is affected and sometimes both the eyes are affected,and in such cases it is called as Ametropic amblyopia.
Causes of lazy eyes (Amblyopia):
Most common causes of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children,which children present with are listed below.
These causes of lazy eyes are routinely diagnosed,examined and treated at Latika children eye care center and pediatric eye specialist in Mumbai.(best lazy eye treatment in India)
Common causes of amblyopia in children and causes of lazy eye in adults are as follows,
- Refractive error
- Myopia in children
- Esotrpia in children
- Hypermetropia in children
- Exotropia in children
- Astigmatism in children
- Spectacle power in children
- Long sightedness
- Short sightedness
- Squint in children
- Misaligned eyes in children
- Crossed eyes in children eyes
- Ptosis in children
- Corneal opacities in children
- Children’s eye injury
- Children’s cataract
- and the list is endless.
The treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children begins, with the correct diagnosis of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children,and identifying the possible cause leading to lazy eyes (Amblyopia).
Once the probable cause is identified, it is further investigated and treatment is initiated.
Treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children deals with, identification of the cause of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) and then treatment of the cause.
All this is at done in a most child friendly way and that’s why we offer the best lazy eye treatment in India
If you ever, observe or have a doubt regarding the eye health of your kids eye , you must consult a trained pediatric ophthalmologist in Mumbai (children’s eye specialists in Mumbai ) without any further delay, so that the treatment is initiated as early as possible, which is one of the most important limiting factor responsible for successful outcome of therapy .
Lazy eye treatment exercises:
Treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children- treatment options
- Treatment of the cause
- Treatment of esotropia in children
- Eye exercises in children
- Treatment of exotropia in children
- Vision strengthening eye exercises in children
- Patching eye exercises for lazy eyes (Amblyopia) treatment
- Occlusion therapy in lazy eyes (Amblyopia) treatment
- Spectacle power
- Squint correction
- Eye muscles surgeries
- Vision therapy
- Eye drops
- Oral medication- Levodopa,
- Oral medication- Carbidopa
- Regular eye screening in children.
Depending on the age of presentation of child, severity of lazy eye (amblyopia), and considering the cause of the lazy eye, one of the above-mentioned treatment modality is selected and after counselling parents, the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children is initiated at best lazy eye treatment in India- Latika children eye care center Mumbai.
How to fix a lazy eye at home
- Sure! In fact lazy eye is fixed at home
- Treatment of lazy eye actually begins at home and ends at home
- Once you or your child is examined and diagnosed as having lazy eye amblyopia by your child eye specialist,your treatment for lazy eyes begins at home.
- Your child’s eye doctor will tell you is to commence lazy eye exercises at home.
- Treatment of lazy at home includes several modalities
- Eyeglasses, for lazy eye exercises at home, atropine eye drops at home, exercises at home, vision therapy at home and many more.
- Parents compliance is extremely important, and parents involvement during the treatment of lazy eyes at home is the key factor.
- All the treatment modalities are directed for the treatment of lazy eye begins and ends at home.
- Even the successful outcome for the treatment of lazy eye will depend’s on family involvement and lazy eye exercises at home.
- Prognosis and outcome of the treatment totally depends on child’s compliance to lazy eye treatment eye patch and lazy eye exercises at home.
- Parents involvement during the lazy eye treatment in the form of lazy eye treatment exercises at home is of crucial importance.
- Home eye exercises for lazy eyes to be performed at home, is one of the best and child friendly modality of lazy eye treatment.
- So definitely lazy eyes are in need fixed at home, but only after consultation with your child specialist consultation.
- The child specialist consultant diagnoses, investigates and charts the treatment for the lazy eyes in the form of exercises for lazy eyes according to the age of child as well as for adults..
In modern medicine, the possibilities are endless and only if, parents bring the child to the children’s eye specialist in Mumbai,best lazy eye treatment in India, at the earliest, which helps in early diagnosis and treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia).
As the child’s eye is still developing, if treatment is initiated as early as possible, then this developing eye responds favorably and complete recovery of vision,is possible in many cases.Consult best lazy eye treatment in India for your child’s lazy eye treatment.
If the presentation of the child is delayed, and treatment is initiated very late during this developmental period , then unfortunately advanced age becomes a limiting factor for the successful outcome.
The chances of success of therapy decreases as the age of the child advances and such delayed treatment, might not result in complete recovery of child’s eye vision.
So parents must understand, the significance of early developmental age and importance of early consultation with the children’s eye specialist in Mumbai for the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia).
If you wish to learn further about ,
- new trends in the treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in children,
- treatment of lazy eyes (Amblyopia) in adults and
- success rate of therapy of lazy eyes (Amblyopia),
please visit our website best children’s eye specialist in Mumbai,goregaon,west,INDIA for best lazy eye treatment in India.