Neuro-ophthalmologist …confused with this word…???
You have heard before something called as Neurologist, Neuro-surgeon,Ophthalmologist in Mumbai is an Eye Doctor in Mumbai goregaon west,Pediatric Neurologist – deals with children’s brain and nerves related diseases.or pediatric Neuro-surgeon -is the one who performs surgery on children’s brain and children’s affected nerves…but lets introduce you this amazing word as Neuro-ophthalmologist.
Neuro-ophthalmologist is that consultant super-specialist eye doctor who has specialized in Neuro-Ophthalmology that means he has special training and qualification and has been certified for practicing Neuro-Ophthalmology ,which deals with all those disorder and diseases which are capable of affecting and producing visual disturbances. For example brain and nerve when affected by any disease might affect the visual center in brain or nerves and create perception of visual problems,visual disturbances.Eyes might see well ,but information about light is not analysed by brain and hence not perceived or misunderstood..here the problem is in brain and nerves where as the eye may or may not be normal.
Such is the area of work of the Neuro-ophthalmologist where in has to undergo a fellowship from reputed eye institutes ,which provide him super-specialty training so that he can deal with such complicated situation and diseases.He has to have knowledge of neurology and as well as pediatrics and ophthalmology so as to connect the dots in various disorders which has some kind of impact on vision.
Most of the cases are dealt collectively in conjunction with neurologist and Neuro-surgeon where each has a specific role to play.
Neuro-ophthalmologist mostly deals with cases like –
- Sudden loss of vision,
- Unexplained loss of vision,
- Visual disturbances,visual hallucinations,
- Migraine,chronic headaches,Myasthenia Gravis,
- Eye nerve paralysis,
- Squint,double vision,
- Auto-immune disorders,
- Diabetes neuropathy,brain tumors,
- Nerve tumors,traumatic injury to brain and nerves,
- Thyroid eye disease,
- Unexpained causes of visual disturbances,
- Unexplained causes of loss of complete or partial loss of vision,unexplained vision problems
- Nystagmus and many such conditions.to learn more …Neuro-ophthalmologist in Mumbai goregaon.
Latika children’s eye & squint clinic , Latika eye and maternity clinic.
Double vision clinic- also called as diplopia.
- Neuro-ophthalmologist in Mumbai
- Neuro-ophthalmologist near me
- Best Neuro ophthalmologist in India