Harmful effects of mobile phones on your eyes and health
Are you planning to gift mobile phone to your kid this Christmas,or for security issues you wish your child must have a cellphone.Well good this is a sound decision ,but you must also be aware of the harmful effect of mobile phones and side effects of cell phones on eyes and health.
Side effects of mobile phones
If you are not aware of the ill-effects of smartphones do read this guide on Harmful effects of mobile phones on your eyes and health.
- Points covered in this guide on harms of mobile phones to health are,
- Harmful effect of cell phones and smartphones on students, professionals and on all who use cellphones excessively.
- This is a complete guide, easy and helpful informative article on ill effects of excessive use of mobile phones on your eyes and on your kids eyes.
- Side effects of mobile phones and all possible negative effects of mobile phones on eyes and health are explained in detail in this easy and helpful guide authored by experts.
Are you worried about the bad effects of mobile phones on your child’s eyes and want to know the details of cell phones and child development,then this essay article is for you.
Negative effects of mobile phones
Most common FAQ’s on smartphone effects on your eyes and health like,
What happens when we use mobile for long time?
What are the effects of mobile phones on students?
What are the harmful effects of using cell phones?
What are the negative effects of smartphones?
Smartphone (cell phones,mobile phones) and eye damage?
and many more such questions about bad effects of mobile phones on students and human health are answered in detail and simple manner.
Harmful effects of Mobile Phones on students
Harmful effects of mobile phones (cell phones,smartphones) on your kids eyes, is an article published in public interest, community awareness and health education. The author of this article is a children’s eye specialist in Mumbai, a squint specialist and renowned paediatric ophthalmologist and Neuro-ophthalmologist in Mumbai.
ill effects of mobile phones
This article focuses on 40! harmful effects of cell phones on human health,and answers all the question which you are in your mind about impact of mobile phone on youth ,students and children eyes and health.
Effect of mobile phone cell phones,smartphones on students
The aim of this article is to create awareness regarding the harmful effects caused by excessive use of Smart mobile phone technology.
There was a time when we all used to say, children should not watch a lot of T.V otherwise they will get glasses and their eyes will become weak.
Everything said and done, with the invention of new technologies, television has probably lost the race and its places now taken by newer devices like desktops, laptops, tablets, & Smart mobile phones.
Well in future also, there will be lot of new devices which will be invented and surely they will beat the ones existing today. We cannot stop the invention of new devices as there is a major part of education, learning, information & update of our knowledge also happening with the help of these new devices. But along with its advantages, we also have tons of disadvantages in store for us.
As always, Of course nothing comes free, and there is a price to pay.
ill effects of excessive use of mobile phones
Are mobile phones dangerous?
No device as such is harmful and that is the reason it has been approved for the use of human beings. Problems comes when they are misused, or when they are used in the wrong way.as per statistics most of these devices are either not used properly, and the disadvantages or the harmful effects show up quickly ,when they are over used.
Effect of excessive use of smartphones on eyes?
The problems with the use of smartphones and effect of excessive use of mobile phone on eyes,we are all facing today, and it becomes all the more important when these problems get targeted towards our kid’s eyes. As we all know in today’s world kids are using all the aforementioned devices and not to mention Smart mobile phone has got the maximum accessibility, and availability leading to excessive usage among kids.
Harmful effects of cell phones on students
Kids are learning lot of new information, educational material, updated knowledge and also using Smart mobile phones for entertainment and recreation. Most of the kids do use Smart mobile phones as a source of passing time.
Whichever way, a child uses Smart mobile phones, but there are certain concerns which parents must be aware of, before handing over Smart mobile phones to their kids.
Effect of mobile phone on human health
This article is a sincere attempt to summaries all the harmful effect of Smart mobile phones on kid’s eyes and health in general.
All these harmful effects are very well understood by medical science, and the list is expected to grow, in future. In years to come, we will have enough data, regarding the long term use of this Smart mobile technology and the negative effects; it has created on kids eyes and health in general.
Negative effects of cell phones
Till date our data is limited to short term use of this Smart mobile phone technology, most of the harmful effects produced after long term usage, are not yet surfaced and only time will uncover them.
As the time passes by, these long term ill effects will start surfacing and will be prime reason for the endless list of harms faced by humans, due to the use of Smart mobile technology specifically Smart mobile phones.
Impact of smartphones on youth
Let us first enumerate all these harmful effects of Smart mobile phones and later we shall discuss each one in detail. Most of the problems, which have been identified till present date, after the discovery of Smart mobile phones and its use till date, are as follows,
Dangers of mobile phones
- Cell phones causing eye strain in kids eyes.
- Tablets causing development of squint in children’s eyes.
- Smart mobile phones causing development of glass prescription in kids, spectacle’s.
- Cell phones causing strabismus in children.
- Mobile phones causing cock eyes, misaligned eyes due to accommodative stress on eyes..
- Harmful effect of Smart mobile phones on health -Cell phones causing recurrent headache due to improper posture, illumination and wrong working distance during the use of Smart mobile phones in teenagers and adults.
- Mobile phones aggravating dry eyes.
- Excessive use of cell phones disturbing balance between eyes and brain.
- Smart mobile phone Overuse and wrong posture causing Eye muscle imbalance.
- Cell phone radiation effects: Radiation-harmful radiation is cooking our brain.each and every moment radiation is emitted from mobile phones and are very close to skin,brain and eyes.this radiation has become the causative factor for tumors like glioma,neuroma. recent studies have reported that acoustic neuroma and glioma are the result of prolonged exposure if this harmful radiations emitted from cellphones.
- Health hazards- radiation of the mobile phones are in close contact with the skin .especially for those individuals who have habit of keeping cellphones in there pockets are maximum at risk for the health hazards of smartphones.skin cancer,cancer of reproductive system are reported in few recent publications and studies,so it is better to avoid keeping cellphones in pocket.
- Inappropriate use of Internet-playing games on mobile games directly affect the psychology of child.Children and adults tend to become short tempered,aggressive and irritable with excessive playing of mobile games on line on smartphones.
- Negatively affecting hobbies and academics.
- Development of aggression, and its effect on family life.
- Smart mobile phone addiction- extremely bad for children,students,professionals and for all those use smartphones excessively. due to the continuous and prolonged use of the mobile phones ,we all get addicted to mobile-phones and get distracted from our family and social life.we all tens to cut off from our social circle,family and friends and get addicted to the virtual image.
- Effects of cell phone on kid’s finger’s called as “text or cell-phone claw”
- Effects of cell phone on kid’s elbow’s called as “text or cell-phone elbow”.
- Computer vision syndrome in kids
- Nomophobia-also called as “no mobile phone phobia”.
- Phantom pocket vibration syndrome.
- Diminished concentration in kids.
- Increased distress in kids.
- High risk of depression and unusual behaviour in kids and adults.
- Insomnia- inability to sleep night or not able to sleep till late night ,which negatively impacts children’s heath, and is very hazardous and damaging to children’s growth and development ,in the early crucial years of childhood ,where maximum development takes place.
- Knowingly or un-knowingly, a kid might land up with cell phone crime.
- Cell phone tendonitis.
- Can cell phones cause cancer
YES, cell phone can cause cancer
- Cancer due to mobile phones is reported and is a very important health concern.Cancer is one of the negative effects of cellphones on human eyes and human health.
- Risk Of cancer is due to harmful radiation which are continuously emitted from the smart phones.Brain,nerves,skin,and all our body tissues are delicate structures and they are very tender in children.when such delicate body tissues are exposed to radiation in high dose or for prolonged duration,the risk of cancer increases.
28. The risk of Accidents due to use of mobile phones while driving ,crossing the road,while walking on footpath have increased dramatically.
29.Loss of study time.
30.Negative impact on education.
32.Development of anger, and anxiety due to games and inappropriate content.
36.Adult sites and pornographic sites-children get exposed to inappropriate photographic advertisements , and severely damaging pornographic pop-ups.
37.Effect of cell phone on children’s necks- called as “cell phone neck syndrome”.
39.Cell phone addiction.
40.Last but not the least, is the serious effects of improper usage of cell phone on your kids eyes- or rather I should say –improper use of cell phones damaging your children’s eyes.
Bad effects of mobile phones on students
This does not mean, children should not use cell phones, Smart mobile phones or mobile phones.We should not deprive them from learning, educating and updating themselves with the recent information and database, which is the need of the modern times.
But there is a proper way of using these devices, be it a cell phone, Smart mobile phone, tablets Or desktop.
Positive effects of mobile phones
If used in the proper way then the only thing these devices, offer you is a huge benefit for your children’s learning and knowledge. These devices will not only improve your child’s knowledge from educational, academics point of view, but also in all the aspects of learning and creativity.
This is all possible, only if these devices, Smart mobile phones are used in the proper way.
And here, we land up with a million dollar question??
What is the proper way of using Smart mobile phones??
Harmful effects of Smart mobile phones on humans?
Here in this series of articles, we shall discuss all these questions and concerns which parents and students are worried about, when it comes to use of Smart mobile phones and its harmful effects on children’s eyes?
How to use cell phones safely.
- How to make use of Smart mobile phones, in friendly and Smart mobile way, to get the maximum benefit from cell phones for students, children’s and adults?
- How to avoid harmful effects of Smart mobile phones on students and kids?
In our next article in this series, we shall answer all the above questions and also learn ways to And we will also learn, how to avoid the above mentioned harmful effects of Smart mobile phones on students and kids?
Other related article which might interest you,
- Eye strain in children,
- Eye strain in adults,
- Squint in children,
- Squint in adults,
- Computer Vision Syndrome in kids,
- Near vision problems,
- Amblyopia in kids,
- Amblyopia treatment in adults,
- Pediatric Eye specialist in Mumbai for Treatment of lazy eyes in MUMBAI,
- Lazy eyes treatment in adults,
- Children’s detail eye examination ,
- Kids eye check-up by children’s eye specialist in Mumbai ,
- How to clean eye glasses.
- Computer vision syndrome in computer professionals.
So until, next time don’t overuse Smart mobile phone technology….
About the author,
“Dr Manish Shyamkul” is a kid’s eye specialist doctor in Mumbai, paediatric eye specialist ophthalmologist doctor in Mumbai, consulting at children’s eye hospital at goregaon , Mumbai,INDIA.He is completely dedicated for the diagnosis, investigations, treatment and management of children’s eyes disorders.
Facilities-Squint specialist, Neuro-Ophthalmologist,children’s eye diseases, counselling on children’s eyes problems and counselling for behavioural eyes problems in children.
For details –children’s eye specialist in Mumbai, pediatric ophthalmologist in Mumbai.
If you have any queries or suggestions, put them in the comment box below, and we will try to reply as quickly as we can